Highly skilled and motivated educational professional with exceptional leadership and fiscal planning skills. Dedicated, resourceful, with proven ability to create and monitor policies and practices that promote a safe learning environment. Ability to develop strong relationships with the capacity to recognize problems, engage, communicate, set goals, and design data driven action plans.
• Leadership • Communications Written and Verbal • Budget Management • Strategic Planning
• Negotiation • Curriculum and Syllabus Development • Multi-Media Instruction • Understanding of
Methodologies • Microsoft Office • Staff Management Systems • Student Information Systems
1997-1999 Master of Arts
New Jersey City University
Educational Administration and Supervision
1974-1978 Bachelor of Science
Southern Connecticut State University
Special Education/Elementary Education
New Jersey Department of Education Certification Endorsements:
School Principal and Supervisor
Teacher of the Handicap
1978-2019 Brick Township Public Schools 101Hendrickson Avenue Brick, NJ 08724
2015-2019 Director of Operations
· Served and contributed as an executive leader under the direction of the Superintendent.
· Provide continual performance accountability and support of improvement processes district-wide.
· Evaluate schools to identify problem areas of policies and procedures.
· Oversees the District School Security Officers, and Crisis Team.
· Ongoing collaboration with the Brick Township Police Department implementing School Safety protocols.
· Work in collaboration with teachers, principals, administration and board members.
· Ensures funding for various programs and professional development-planned, budgeted and allocated to schools.
· Managed resources in the most efficient/effective way, consistent with the district's mission, and financial limitations,
· Exercised the full range of supervisory authorities for a support staff at the district level.
· Oversee all aspects of the districts Special education programs.
2017-2018 Acting Superintendent of Schools
· Responsible for all functions related to the leadership and management of the Brick Township Public Schools.
· Reported directly to elected Board of Education members.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of the District's long-term Plan.
· Monitored student enrollment and Student performance data to implement data-driven decisions.
· Created budget and met budget challenges.
· Implemented system wide Student Leadership Program.
· Established positive/collaborative relationships with the local and state community leaders.
· Acted as the Director of Special Education for 6 months until a Director was hired
2003-2016 Brick Township High School Principal
· Fully supported staff and students to create a cohesive and copacetic environment.
· Led the move from a traditional eight period day to a four by four block schedule.
· Oversaw/created the high schools budget.
· Evaluate professional and support staff.
· Organized interdisciplinary cohorts to conduct teacher-led staff development.
· Increased enrolled in Advanced Placement courses with exceptional growth.
2001-2003 Principal, Osbornville Elementary School
· Developed a new master schedule and staff development resulting in a 20% improvement in standardized test scores.
· Developed plans for new additions including classrooms, offices, and a library.
· Designed the school budget, evaluated staff, and supervised the facility.
1997-2001 Assistant Principal, Brick Township High School
· Dual supervisor Special Education/World Language Department.
· Facilitated research and development of new special education and world language curricula.
· Developed evacuation and lockdown plans for crisis situations.
· Served as Associate Athletic Director.
· Served as disciplinarian and attendance officer for 780 students.
1978-1997 Special Education Teacher, Lake Riviera Middle School
· Provided students with the most effective classroom instruction, within a safe and nurturing environment.
· Development of lessons that met the needs of all learners.
· Utilized strategies and program components that helped met the individual needs of students.
· Incorporated cross-curricular lessons/activities that deepen student understanding and integrate technology.
D.A.R.T. Ocean County Drug Awareness Committee
Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development
New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association
Dover Township Planning Board
Board of Directors Toms River YMCA
Brick Township Administration Supervisor Association
Schlechty Center Principals Academy
Who's Who Among American Teachers
Brick Township High School Wall of Fame 2009
Brick Township Municipal Alliance Volunteer of the Year 1988
Ocean County Volunteer of the Year 1999
Morning Rotary Educator of the Year2008
Brick Police Athletic League Educator of the Year 2007